4.02(r) – Tobacco Free Policy
Ozarks Technical Community College is committed to providing its students and employees a safe and healthy environment. In view of this commitment, the College shall be maintained as a tobacco free institution.
1. No consumption of tobacco will be allowed on any College property.
2. Beyond traditional tobacco products, the College Chancellor or his/her designee has the authority to determine what is classified as tobacco.
3. The institution will display notice of the tobacco free policy at all College locations.
1. In addition to traditional tobacco products, the College considers electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes, as a tobacco product. This is to include any electrical device that simulates the act of tobacco smoking by producing an inhaled mist bearing the physical sensation, appearance, flavor or nicotine content of inhaled tobacco smoke.
“College” Ozarks Technical Community College.
This policy is maintained under the authority of the Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services.
G. Related Policies
1. Policy approved and adopted by the Board of Trustees on 12/13/99. Revised 9/8/03
2. Purpose, procedures, responsibilities and definitions approved and adopted by the Cabinet on 10/22/13. Set for review on 10/2018.