Establish guidelines for the obtainment of a Certificate of Achievement.
The policy of this college shall be that the Certificate of Achievement is awarded to a student completing career programs with fewer than 62 credit hours.
- Each program certificate requires at least 30 credit hours of coursework.
- Each career certificate is earned after completing a prescribed set of courses.
- Two full semesters or their equivalent are required to complete the requirements for a one-year certificate.
- Through the Curriculum Committee, procedures have been developed to allow for curriculum revisions that may apply to the Certificate of Achievement.
- Certificate requirements are subject to approval by the Missouri Department of Higher Education.
- In order for a Certificate of Achievement to be awarded, a minimum of fifteen (15) hours must be completed in residence.
- Refer to the current academic catalog for specific course listing for each Certificate of Achievement.
- The Office of the Registrar will be responsible to ensure students have fulfilled the requirements for the certificate.
- The Curriculum Committee is responsible for incorporating changes in the courses required for the completion of the degree.
- Semester credit hour: Refer to 2.09 Semester Credit Hour Policy
- This policy is maintained under the authority of the Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
G. Related Policies
2.13 Requirements for the Associate of Arts Degree (A.A.)
2.16 Dual Credit Delivery Policy
2.17 Requirements for the Associate of Science Degree (A.A.S)
2.18 Requirements for the Associate of Arts in Teaching (A.A.T)
2.53 Online Education Program
- Policy approved and adopted by the Board of Trustees on 12/16/17.
- Purpose, procedures, responsibilities and definitions approved and adopted by the Cabinet on 11/7/17.