5.19 – Student Activities
To provide for an entity to serve the student body of Ozarks Technical Community College; to operate as the voice of the student body and function as a channel of communication with the faculty and administration of the College.
It shall be the policy of Ozarks Technical Community College to encourage the formation of student organizations and to further encourage student participation in these organizations.
- To become officially recognized as a student organization, a group must meet criteria set forth in the Student Organization Handbook. No student organization may carry on any activity at the College unless the organization has been officially registered. Registration of student organizations will be through the office of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs or the appropriate campus or center designee.
- Any proposed student organization will be open to all students of the College who otherwise meet membership requirements. Recognized student organizations will not deny membership to any person on the basis of age, race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation disability or national origin.
- All student organizations must agree to comply with all policies, regulations and procedures established by the OTC Board of Trustees and the College, and with all federal and state laws and regulations.All student organizations will agree to the requirements and privileges detailed in the Student Organization handbook.
“Administration” – relevant members of the College’s administration
“Board” – The Board of Trustees
This policy is maintained under the delegated authority of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement | Student Affairs | Workforce Development.
- Related Policies
1. Policy approved and adopted by the Board of Trustees. Revised 5/14/2009. Revised 11/11/2013.
2. Purpose, procedures, responsibilities and definitions approved and adopted by the Cabinet on 10/19/2009. Set for review on 09/10/2016.