2.13 – Requirements for the Associate of Arts Degree (A.A.)
Establish guidelines for the obtainment of an Associate of Arts Degree (A.A.).
The Associate of Arts degree is designed to allow a student who plans to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete the general education requirements and electives.
- Of the 62 credit hours required, a student must complete a designated core of general education courses and subject distributions; the remaining hours will consist of electives that are numbered 100 or higher.
- Through the Curriculum Committee, procedures have been developed to allow for curriculum revisions that may apply to the Associate of Arts degree.
- Degree requirements are subject to approval by the Missouri Department of Higher Education.
- In order for an Associate of Arts degree to be awarded, a minimum of fifteen (15) hours of coursework must be completed in residence.
- Refer to the current catalog for specific course listing for the Associate of Arts degree.
- The Office of the Registrar will be responsible to ensure students have fulfilled the requirements for the degree.
- The Curriculum Committee is responsible for incorporating changes in the courses required for the completion of the degree.
- Semester credit hour: Refer to 2.09 semester Credit Hour policy
This policy is maintained under the authority of the Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
G. Related Policies
2.10 Requirements for the Associate of Applied Science Degree
2.12 Credit by Exam (Test Out)
2.16 Dual Credit Delivery Policy
2.17 Requirements for the Associate of Science Degree (A.S.)
2.18 Requirements for the Associate of Arts in Teaching Degree (A.A.T.)
2.53 Online Education Program
- Policy approved and adopted by the Board of Trustees on 11/12/01. Revised 3/8/11 and 02/06/12.
- Purpose, procedures, responsibilities and definitions approved and adopted by the Cabinet on 01/10/12. Set for review on 12/14/15.